Are you thinking about moving into a private shared accommodation? The chances are that you will be asked to sign a 'Joint Tenancy Agreement' which can have some serious implications.
When you sign a Joint Tenancy Agreement, you and your friends are jointly responsible for all 'breaches of contract'. These can include:
- Damage to property
- Unpaid rent
- Anti Social Behaviour
- Guarantee Agreement disputes
If your housemate falls behind with their rent, you and your guarantor (often a parent or guardian) may find yourselves forking out for something that wasn't your fault.
We Can Also Help With:
- Property issues, such as safety, repairs and infestations
- Unlawful evictions
- Problems with your Landlord
- Getting stuck with bills or rent
- Deposits not being returned